Friday 30 November 2012

Why I'm a Winner Without Winning

Okay, so, it's the last day of NaNo, and I'm about 9k away from winning, but it doesn't seem like I'll be able to win NaNo this year.

And, to be honest, I'm okay with that.

No, really, I am.

Even though I didn't "win" NaNo in the traditional sense, I still feel like I've accomplished so much. I mean, I wrote 40k in a month. That's about half a novel. That's a big freaking deal.

So, I'll be sitting here, celebrating my ass off, congratulating myself on getting so much done.

If you haven't won NaNo this year, don't beat yourself up over it. You still accomplished something, even if it's just a few words, because those are words you didn't have at the beginning of November.

So, what are my plans for post-NaNo?

Well, on Sunday, I'm going away to Philip Island to laze away on the beach for a week, where I'll read all of the books, and have all of the fun, and drink all of the booze (not an exaggeration). Afterwards, I plan on continuing the unfinished NaNo novel, and editing my dearest FG so that I can send it to CPs in the near future.

So just remember, even if you didn't win officially, you're still a winner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment